*Updates for 2014: Lamaze, Breastfeeding Schedule & Mommy & Me
A professional Lamaze Instructor, Lactation Consultant and Physical Therapist, Sylvia Boyd has been teaching childbirth classes and providing breastfeeding help in the California East Bay for over 40 years, touching the lives of well over 6,000 babies and parents to be.
Sylvia has a passion for helping parents prepare for taking a more active role in the birth of their baby, maximizing optimal health and wellbeing. Offering childbirth classes both privately and regionally, she can help mom be more comfortable in pregnancy, labor, and delivery.
She has been recognized as an authority in providing invaluable assistance with all kinds of breastfeeding challenges, including relieving tension and nipple pain in:
- Babies who arch or twist away from mom
- Babies who cry inconsolably
- Babies who bite while breastfeeding
- Babies who have reflux or colic
- Special need babies, and any others who struggle with a failure to thrive during the breastfeeding experience.
With flexible hours, she can usually see a baby (even twins) within 24 hours or less when a new mom or mother-to-be calls with urgent needs.